C. 11 (SM&SS)
(For after Studio hours reviews, fill out the form w Jason in advance)
- SM Lecture (Monday 5:30 pm)
- One on One 3D modeling detailing with SM & SS (Make sure each of you have enough time for this review(s), as it’ll completely define your project and your production process)
- One on One DD drawings review with SM & SS
- 3D Model & DD drawings completed per review
- 3D Renders (5 min)
- Physical Model in progress
- Mid Crit by local invited guests. Pin-up presentation with additional digital material
- One student will briefly explain the project & design process-goals (student to be selected by all by March 19th). Main semester topics to be informed:
- Site location & size. Project type (your own house, you as your own client)
- “Preliminary Studies 10 steps”
- Prior to design, we need to know the facts that will challenge and define our design
- Design tools and Concepts
- Design by Music (High-Low notes & Silences), by Freedom (dots), by Nature, by Emotion (labyrinth, emotional room), Hidden & Filtered (Mystery and Imagination)
- Importance of Narrative (intention of your design). Connected to sensorial and immaterial vocabulary of Architecture
- Fragmented Architecture, increasing the mystery, uncertainty and creating the emotional event in the transitional spaces.
- Exterior Living, provoking the user to live outdoors and becoming a daily habit to connect to nature and climate to contrast the indoor, filter our mind and increase environmental tolerance
- Sustainability as an Eco-Romantic approach, rather than only as a selection of green technology features. Sustainability & Nature as a more humane way of living
- Design on floor plan and drawing by hand. To recover the timeless craft of architecture and the essential dialogue of mind and hand. To think the architecture from the inside out and disregard any formal or utilitarian ambitions.
- Each Student will present the following minimum:
- Brief Narrative of your project
- Any Preliminary Study item that resonates to your design
- Sketched Floor Plans and sections (here is where you want most of your presentation to happen, to get input)
- 3D views
- Computer Floor Plans and sections
- Presentation Booklet for guests (Think of your presentation as a work or client presentation, not informal, but formal presentation that convince them. Be efficient on the use of your time. Engage them to your project. Practice and be proud and sure of your project’s integrity to reply and convince; be open and flexible to learn and improve your project from their comments)
C. 3D Modeling, Digital Plans & Mid Review Deliverables (25%):
Upload Sunday April 1st the following minimum requirements:
3D Model (final):
- 3D modeling process, 3D interior & exterior views-Renders (per above).
- Digital Final drawings per above.
- Mid Review images and project comments