- Understand the craft of Architecture as an interdisciplinary practice within a specific timeline.
- It’ll be emphasized the importance of a strong concept, as well as the continuous respect of the project’s essence through the process’s obstacles.
- In the other hand, it’ll be evident that a talented idea or concept alone, without Architecture integrity will be vanished through the process.
- To explore the craft of design through hand drafting, floor plan-section, narrative & 4×4 grid.
- The use of technology within the course will be limited and re-directed as a production tool. Digital 3D will be used as an interior walk-through and design detailing after hand drawn schematic.
- It will be encouraged the use of immaterial vocabulary, rather than material, utilitarian and formal intentions.
- To explore the concepts of Fragmented Architecture, Exterior Living, Void shaping Massing (outdoor rooms and gardens defining the Architecture) and the negating of exterior form and non-façade design (exterior form and façade design will result from the indoor and outdoor spaces, providing no exterior or formal control through the design process)
- Students will be asked to design their own home at age 40 in a local site.
- The project process will try to stay close to the process of any of my real projects. This way the students will be exposed to the challenges of the process and be able to deliver a buildable project.